Next week, you can expect the following activities in Beverly:
- – Continued duct bank excavation on Wellman Street. Crews will work to connect the existing duct bank between Congress Street and Linden Avenue.
- – Continued duct bank excavation on Park Street, between Pleasant Street and Broadway
- – Test Pit work on Congress Street during the first half of the week.
- – Test pit work at the expected location of duct bank during the second half of the week. This is not the resumption of excavation at this location.
Work in Beverly will take place from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that parking will be limited on Pleasant Street, Broadway, Wellman Street, and Webber Avenue in Beverly to allow greater access for National Grid and its contractors.
Duct bank excavation and test pitting require the use of drills and hoe rams for removing pavement and rock. Additionally, excavators and vacuum trucks will be used for the safe and efficient removal of soil. These pieces of equipment generate substantial noise that may be unpleasant to abutters. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we perform this vital work.
On Pleasant Street, Park Street, Broadway, Wellman Street, Webber Avenue, School Street, and Linden Avenue, a portion of the street at times may be closed to through-traffic during working hours. Residents will be able to access their homes and driveways with assistance from police details, crew members, and traffic signage. Traffic management for work can be found here:
- – Duct bank work zone on Pleasant Street, between Park Street and Broadway.
- – Duct bank work zone on Wellman Street, between Congress Street and Linden Avenue.
As you know, our weekly newsletter remains one of the easiest ways to stay up to date with the latest project information related to construction schedules, timelines, and traffic. If you haven’t already, please feel free to encourage your neighbors, family, or friends who may be interested in having these weekly updates sent straight to their email inbox to sign up here (at the bottom of the homepage).
Construction is scheduled to minimize the impact on traffic and everyday life. We understand that construction doesn’t always feel “short-term” when it’s in front of your home or business. As work begins in your area, we will continue to work to mitigate inconveniences that come up to the greatest extent feasible. Please let us know about upcoming deliveries, schedules, and events that could be impacted by work.
If you have questions about any of our current or upcoming work, please feel free to contact a member of our project outreach team by emailing us at info@BeverlyRegionalTransmissionReliabilityProject.com, or by calling our project hotline 1-833-238-4743.
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change