Next week, you can expect the following activity in Salem:
- — Continued excavation for a trench on Bridge Street, to allow for the installation of conduit between the recently installed manhole and the Essex Bridge abutment.
Next week, you can expect the following activities in Beverly:
- — Continued duct bank excavation on Wellman Street. Crews will work to connect the existing duct bank between Congress Street and Linden Avenue.
- — Continued duct bank excavation on Park Street, between Pleasant Street and Broadway
- — Duct bank excavation on Broadway, between Cabot Street and Rantoul Street for the duct bank installation.
- — Continued excavation of duct bank on Monument Square, between Abbott Street and Hale Street.
- — Continued duct bank excavation on Hale Street, between Lothrop Street and Willow Street. Crews will work from the project manhole in the direction of Willow Street.
Work in Salem and Beverly will take place from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
During construction hours, traffic on Bridge Street between Ames Street and the Essex Bridge will be reduced to one lane, with traffic at this location only traveling outbound from Salem.
Please note that parking will be limited on Monument Square, Pleasant Street, Broadway, Wellman Street, and Webber Avenue in Beverly, and Bridge Street in Salem to allow greater access for National Grid and its contractors.
Duct bank excavation and test pitting require the use of drills and hoe rams for removing pavement and rock. Additionally, excavators and vacuum trucks will be used for the safe and efficient removal of soil. These pieces of equipment generate substantial noise that may be unpleasant to abutters. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we perform this vital work.
On Monument Square, Pleasant Street, Park Street, Broadway, Wellman Street, Webber Avenue, School Street, and Linden Avenue, a portion of the street at times may be closed to through-traffic during working hours. Residents will be able to access their homes and driveways with assistance from police details, crew members, and traffic signage. Traffic management for work can be found here:
- — Duct bank work zone on Park Street, between Pleasant Street and Broadway.
- — Duct bank work zone on Broadway, near the intersection with Rantoul Street.
- — Duct bank work zone on Monument Square, between Abbott Street and Hale Street.
- — Duct bank work zone on Wellman Street, between Congress Street and Linden Avenue.
- — Duct bank work zone on Bridge Street, near the abutment with the Essex Bridge.
- — Duct bank work on Hale Street, between East Lothrop Street and Willow Street.
As you know, our weekly newsletter remains one of the easiest ways to stay up to date with the latest project information related to construction schedules, timelines, and traffic. If you haven’t already, please feel free to encourage your neighbors, family, or friends who may be interested in having these weekly updates sent straight to their email inbox to sign up here (at the bottom of the homepage).
Construction is scheduled to minimize the impact on traffic and everyday life. We understand that construction doesn’t always feel “short-term” when it’s in front of your home or business. As work begins in your area, we will continue to work to mitigate inconveniences that come up to the greatest extent feasible. Please let us know about upcoming deliveries, schedules, and events that could be impacted by work.
If you have questions about any of our current or upcoming work, please feel free to contact a member of our project outreach team by emailing us at info@BeverlyRegionalTransmissionReliabilityProject.com, or by calling our project hotline 1-833-238-4743.
Thank you again for following our weekly updates!
The Beverly Regional Transmission Reliability Outreach Team
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change